February 10, 2015

Valentines with No Red???

Say What?

How can you make a Valentines day card without any red on it? Well actually its rather easy!!! And fun. Think how much worse it could have been if the theme was: Valentines with no red or PINK EEECK!!!

Yep our theme at Magnolia Down Under this fortnight is - Valentines with a Twist, no red allowed! 

Anyway for this fun type of valentines I used an old Tilda from the Butterfly collection. I masked the heart in from the last Christmas collection, although I think the idea was better in my head than how it actually came out... but anyway it was still pretty good.... I then used the cute spiral edge die from MFT and of course sprinkled the crap out of it with Frantage!


My cute little LOVE stamp is from Whimsy Stamps. and I also used a Kaiser Craft one which is under the love stamp and beside Tilda's head.

My papers are Prima and my flowers are from i am roses.com My wood butterfly is also Prima. My hear Chippy is from collections and I just painted it with crackle texture paint from Finnabair.

My dies, are the newest Doo hickeys from the last doo hickey die club, and the chicken wire is from MFT. I cut the bird Doo hickey tag apart, so that I could just use the birds at the top of my card, and I stuck the frilly edge of the tag part of the die just under Tilda's feet!

So there you go.... I hope we get to see your gorgeous creations for Valentines - but remember, no red allowed on your card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)