October 23, 2011

Magnolia Down Under Challenge #119

Good Morning


Well last weekend I had an absolute blast staying at Debbie P's house.  We went to the picture to page show at Burwood, and we were so lucky to finally meet Bronwen Beekman, Zoe Mitch from make it Crafty and of course Bronlyn from Shop Bron.  We had so much fun on Saturday night.. OMG...


Anyway during the Show, Zoe desperately needed a break so while she was on a break, Debbie and I took over the colouring table.... i was funny to hear what people were saying... oh look at that.... they are using Copic's.... oh that is soooo complicated... wow aren't they talented... (talk about getting a big head!!) anyway.... the image I coloured is now on a card for this week's magnolia Down Under Challenge - the theme being: Getting Punchy.... so you can use your punches and Dies.  Here is my Christmas Card, hope you like it:-)


Zoe, had brought a bunch of her own Copic's with her for the Melbourne show, anyway they were completely different colours to what I would normally use, so it was great fun, using something different and stepping out and away from the normal.  I also found that Zoe uses any old colour with her colouring and tends not to stick to colour families, which is what I've been doing - BORING... so now that I know it's OK to use any old colour, and it will still blend perfectly... watch out!!! I also learned that it is very important to start with the lightest colour first.  it makes it easier to blend.  Well I didn't know that one... I always go darkest first then middle colour and then lightest over the top.... hahahahah still worked, but I now see it's much easier the other way.  It was cool watching other people do their stuff, I actually learnt quite a few tips and tricks!!

So as always we can't wait to see your inspirations for us this week.  I bet we will be seeing more and more Christmas cards from now on... isn't the newest collection just divine!!! Oh my!!! 

Till next time bye bye

Stamps: Magnolia - Tilda with the Candle thing, and the small Snowflake Sweet Christmas Dreams
Dies: Nestie
Punches: Martha Stewart Doily Punch and a Snowflake Punch
Paper: My Minds Eye Lost and Found Christmas 6x6
Embellishments: Prima Lace, Kaiser and Wild Orchid Craft Flowers, Half Pearls, Gold Embossing, Tiny Bling, Cheese Cloth, White Gel Pen, Stickles
Colour: Copic Hair: E29, E27, E25, W5 and W1. Skin: E000, E21, E31, R32

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen :)
    I think you might be right sweetie! Loads of chrissy cards from now on :) He,he,he! LOL
    Love your amazing card. Brown is a perfect color for christmas :) Loads of stunning detail to and great use of punches :) And cheesecloth is amazing :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi gorgeous...I cant believe it has been a whole week already...we did have lots of fun...Your card is just stunning love all your details...Big Hugs Bron xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has turned out just FABULOUSLY - love all your stunning details - the snowflake border is divine!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)