July 10, 2011

Time to get a bit Sentimental

Hello Everyone!!

It's time for a new challenge at Sentimental Sunday's, and this week we have a pretty cool theme for you to get your thinking caps on... it's:

INKY FINGERS - Unconventional Stamping Materials or Techniques

Mmmm so it did take me a little while to come up with something... but I decided to a little combination of unconventional stamping materials and a little bit of technique..  I've done the Silk paper technique... which you stamp on Tissue Paper.... hahahaha I think I nailed this one on the head!!

Now to make things a little different - It's in a white photo frame instead of on a card!! I think this looks really cool - well actually I think it's rather elegant and fresh looking. And so easy!! So here it is, I hope you like it as much as me!!! 


I've used the Classified Ads Background stamp (Designed by Ann at Raindrop Echo Designs which are available at Whimsy Stamps HERE) and I have stamped it onto a white single piece of tissue paper.  Once I stamped it - I then screwed it up, straighten it back out and then glued it onto a piece of card, don't worry if the tissue rips a bit, once you glue it you can't tell. Then I glued on the wooden bird cage, and the bird... I also used a sentiment stamp (of course) from the Time Flies Sentiment Set (also designed by Ann and available HERE)


I really love the look that this techniques gives, I just hope that you can see it within my picture... you can click on the picture to make it bigger too if you want!!

So thanks for looking, I hope you have visited the Sentimental Sunday's Blog and saw the gorgeous creations that the rest of the Design Team have made for you... I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys make!!

Stamps: Raindrop Echo available at Whimsy Stamps - Classified Ads Background Stamp and Time Flies Sentiment Set
Paper: White Tissue Paper and White Card, Prima Paper for the Bird
Fancy Bits: Kaiser Craft Wooden Bird Cage, Black Bling, Sizzix Bird Die, Black Pen, Coffee Ink, White Photo Frame

4 comments:

  1. Wow I have to agree with you on this one it is soo elegant!!!!! You really did a fabulous job!!!It will look so nice on the wall!!!!Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, Oh this is so beautiful and extremely elegant. Hugs xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I really do appreciate it:-)